Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Whiff of Joy Challenge


Happy Wednesday everyone!!! We are half way there.
Yesterday wasn't the day I expected but it turned out better than how it started. For one I created. I haven't actually sat down to create something in several days. I know when I get in a slump it is because I haven't done much creating.
I was reading Keri Lee Sereika's blog and was going to go to the CPS blog to help me get in the creative mood and jump start my mojo. (I think I might do that later)
That is when I remembered a challenge. It is for Whiff of Joy stamps. They are looking for a guest designer for 2 months. You can find all the info required to enter here.
I will be honest. I have been eyeing a LOT of their stamps for quite a while now but just haven't gotten any of their stamps yet. Luckily my sister has a few and let me borrow hers. I couldn't decide which one to use so I stamped them all a couple of times and then set it aside.
Since I needed my mojo jump started and they had a sketch for you to go by AND the deadline is coming up quick I thought, what the heck.
If I do say so myself, I am very pleased with the outcome. She turned out just marvelously.
I love to read and have been delving into a lot of books lately so I thought what the heck and used this precious stamp for my challenge card. Her name is Melinda and she is just darling.
I thought these stamps would be very challenging to color but once I got started I just loved it and had a blast. I felt like I was a kid again, really. So much fun. The fun thing is that there are so many different images. I love the guardian angels and that is what most people know about Whiff of Joy. But they have so many other images. Cute little girl and boys, I just saw they have these adorable whimsical animals. They are just darling. I almost bought some a while back but again, didn't. I really need to start building up more of my stamps. I just feel so bad sometimes. I promise, I am working on getting more of a variety in my stamps for you to see. So keep checking in. Never know what you are going to find next.
Deets:
paper: SU! kraft, PTI chocolate remix, vintage cream, and DCWV Nana's Nursery baby girl
ink: palette black, PTI spring moss, spring rain, vintage cream and sweet blush
stamps: whiff of joy Melinda reading a book, PTI anniversary set (simple little things)
accessories: walmart button, walmart white flower sponged with sweet blush ink, diamond stickles and jewelry string from Michael's
image colored using prismacolor pencils
Alrighty, I don't think I missed anything. I hope you like it as much as I do.
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Missy

3 comments:

Lorie said...

You should like this card...it is wonderful! Good job!

Hilary Kanwischer said...

What a sweet card! :)

Lorie said...

Hey, girl...you may want to check my blog today! :o)