Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lauren's notecards

Happy Thursday!!! Can you believe the week is almost over already? It has been a crazy week for me and my family.

Tuesday my oldest had speech in the morning and in the afternoon I had an eye exam. Yesterday my boys had their first dentist appointment. Actually my oldest had been to the dentist once before but he refused to let the dentist even touch him. I was very stressed out about how yesterday was going to go because we were taking both my boys at the same time. A friend of mine recommended a dentist in a near by town. My husband was able to go with us and both the boys wanted their dad to go with them to the room. It went perfectly. No cavities, no problems so far. My oldest does have an overbite that is obvious and when he gets older he may have to have braces but being that he is 5 there isn't much to do about it right now. My oldest also let them take x-rays which was great. My youngest didn't want to have anything to do with the x-rays (not that I blame him).

After the exam they got a "goodie" bag filled with a new toothbrush, a personal flosser, and their own tube of toothpaste. They also got to pick a toy out of another treasure chest.

We were home for about an hour after the dentist before we had to head off to church for a meeting I had to go to and my hubby had cub scouts to lead. Needless to say I am very tired today on top of having to get up early to take my husband to work so I can have the truck to take my oldest to speech again today. Oh, I am so looking forward to this weekend.

All of this is why I wasn't able to get to the computer to post anything. I haven't actually been able to create much lately. I hope to remedy that. I have a few things in my head paper-craft wise as well as a blanket I am crocheting for a service project my ward is doing for the local hospital.

I am making a blanket but they are also asking for layette's and hats for babies that were called home early to their Heavenly Father. Very sad. It is the least I can do for someone in need. What the hospital does is give these to the parents of the kids who have passed. I just hope that this small token of my time can bring some solace to those in mourning. I couldn't imagine the pain that they would be feeling.

To try and lighten the mood. I have made some note cards that I "stole" from Lauren. I just love her ideas and this month of template releases for Papertrey Ink is no exception. I gotta get my hands on those templates. Not to mention the stamps that they are coming out with. Have you been peeking in on their peeks? Oh My Gosh, is all I can say.

So these note cards are 4 1/2 X 2 3/4 and so easy to mass produce. I decided to make some thank you cards. Who doesn't need a stash of thank you cards, right? So easy peasy.
Here are the deets:

paper: PTI berry sorbet and SU! kraft

ink: Palette white and PTI berry sorbet

stamp: Gina K. Whimsical Autumn

ribbon and buttons I got from Wal-Mart. I also used my spica pens to outline part of the flower stems and vase.

I am very happy with these and may have to make a few more with the envelopes that Lauren shows you how to make for a gift this Christmas or birthday or mother's day, who knows?

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy

No comments: