Monday, March 9, 2009

Lavender and Lace...

Happy Monday all!!! I hope your day is going well so far and your weekend was great. Mine was a blah kinda weekend. Nothing special but not bad either. Church was kinda nerve racking because I had to teach a class. Now, I am not one for speaking in front of people so teaching other ladies something I am sure they already know is kinda unsettling for me. But they always say that they love when I teach and what a great job I do. So that is good. Too bad I am not going to be teaching anymore. I am in the primary working with the kids now. Of course, I am supposed to teach sharing time with them in 2 weeks. I am nervous about that too. Some of these kids know more about the gospel than I do. But I love it. I tell everyone. If we can make everyday Sunday and go to church and not have to worry about daily life. I would be so happy, seriously, I love being at church and all those great people.

But you guys didn't come here to hear about my weekend, right? I do have to warn you guys though. I am using my old reliable desktop computer instead of my new laptop. Why is this a big deal you ask? My laptop allows me to link to thinks. For some reason my desktop doesn't give me the option. So, I will do my best to give you guys the info you may want. I just can't link and I know that can be a pain when you want to see something and can't.

Today I am showing you a card I made for another Whiff of Joy challenge (http://wojmondaychallenge.blogspot.com/). The challenge this week was not a sketch. We are to use lavender and lace in our card. Of course, you need to use a whiff of joy stamp. Remember I said I didn't have any? Well, I borrowed my sisters and stamped them all a couple of times. Why not use them to try to win stamps, right?

I used Melinda hugging heart. She is just precious. Of course they all are. I just LOVE coloring these little girls. It is kinda therapeutic.

Here are all the deets:

paper:PTI sweet blush, stamper's select white, and DCWV nana's nursery
ink: palette black, PTI lavender moon
flowers:primas
brads:Queen & Co.
button:wal-mart
extras:thread (jewelry dept. at Michael's), lace (from my stash), sewn with my provo craft sewing machine, colored using prismacolor pencils and the glitter on her wings is some that my sister gave me for my birthday.

I forgot to mention too. My mom was kind enough to give me an old craft sewing machine that she wasn't using. It only does a straight stitch but now I get to sew on my cards WoooHooo!!! It was so fun and I have a feeling you are going to see a LOT more sewing on my cards hehehe.


Thanks for stopping by!!!

Missy

2 comments:

Lorie said...

That is a completely adorable card Missy! Way to go!

House of Smiths said...

Ooo, I want one of these SO bad! It's so great you got one!
Thanks for the comment on my blog about the scripture saying.
The whole reason I even had the opportunity to do that, was bc another lady was having the same problem conceiving and now that she IS pregnant and due, very soon, she wants it above her little girls crib. I thought it was sweet. Thanks for stopping by!
Shelley Smith
wonderfullywordy.blogspot.com