Monday, July 28, 2008

30 years


My parents will be celebrating 30 years of marriage this week. Since we still live a little ways away my family and I traveled down to visit with my family last weekend. I figured that was the best time to bring a card down to my parents, better to give it in person than mail it when you can, right?

I have been stuck on kraft paper and now PTI aqua mist. I think they look so elegant so I just had to use them again.

I knew I wanted to use those colors so that is where I started. I kinda went with the same theme as the card I made for BIL's wedding.

I took PTI white cardstock and stamped some images from their anniversary set. I wanted more than one color so I used PTI aqua mist for the flower image and palette brown for the dotted image. I used my clear glitter pen on the dotted image. Matted that on aqua mist cardstock. For the aqua mist I paper pierced the top and bottom and used my white gel pen to faux stitch it. I love that look.

For the sentiment I used my smallest petite scallop circle nestability and cut and embossed PTI white cardstock. That was then stamped with "to have and to hold" from the PTI anniversary set (I figured that was a nice sentiment for an anniversary). That was stamped with palette brown ink and then I used PTI aqua mist to stamp the circle (from boxes, bags, and tags) around the sentiment. The swirls were only on the top and bottom but the set comes with extra swirls so I inked it up in aqua mist again and stamped them on the sides to make them more even. The sentiment and swirls/circle was also outlined with my clear glitter pen.

The ribbon is PTI aqua mist twill and I used a swirly from a craft store I got to visit in Big Bear, California a while back.

Since I love my pearls and the 30th anniversary is the pearl anniversary I got to play with them again. I used 4 small pearls on the sentiment circle, a little bit bigger pearls in the center of all the flowers, and of course, the 3 pearls on top and 3 on bottom. I just had to put something on the kraft paper, it seemed like it was missing something.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you like it and have a great Monday.

Missy
P.S. Thank you Tanya for the wonderful watermark.

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Oh, girl! This is absolutely beautiful!