Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Introduction

My name is Melissa and a stay at home mom to two rambunctious, loving, and wonderful boys I could have ever asked for. Of course, that is on a good day. They are boys that are 4 and 2 after all and have exponentially more energy than I could ever ask for.
I have been married to my wonderful, loving husband for 6 years this August. We met 8 years ago and got married in Oklahoma, then immediatly moved to Alaska and now reside in California. My husband is military so things aren't always very easy or stable for us. But we are making do and loving the places we get to go because of it.
I have been an amateur scrapbooker for about 8 years but recently (within the last 8 months) got really involved in card-making (especially since my mother and sister are active in it and now we are so close to them) I also love to alter things.
I started out crocheting thanks to my mom and grandmother, then I started cross-stitching, love to sew and a few other "crafty" type things. Granted, since having my boys and other responsibilities I haven't had much time to do most of those things but try to squeeze some creative stuff in as much as possible.
To get an idea of what I have created recently you can check out my splitcoast gallery. I am honeybee7896 on Splitcoast and my link is:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=157571

I am by no means great at this but I love being creative and the finished product. I mainly started this blog because I have had a few people suggest I do and it is fun to have an outlet to show off even though I have a splitcoast gallery I thought it would be fun to share here as well. I might add some personal stuff here once in a while (I think it comes with the blog territory) but I will be limiting it.
I hope you enjoy coming here and we can gain some friendships through this great medium called the internet.

No comments: