Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Graduation Card



I am really late on this one. My sister-in-law graduated for HS almost a month ago. We thought she would be closer (she lives on the other side of the country) and we would just give her her graduation gift. Well, that wasn't able to happen. So I figured I better make her a card and get it in the mail so it isn't even later than it already is.




This is a pretty simple card. I am still not sure if I really like it. Hubby is great and says there is nothing wrong with it. I started off with some PTI white cardstock. Took some redline star shaped tape (I got it from a sticky sale that Jody from "Confessions of a ribbon addict" was hosting. She is hosting another one now, might want to check it out)and stuck it to some yellow cardstock (not sure of the brand of the yellow or the blue), then just cut it them out and adhered them to the white cardstock. Seeing as they are stars I knew they needed some bling. So I took my white gel pen first and drew a line just inside the star and then did the same thing with my clear glitter pen. Next came some crystal stickles. I also used some crystal stickles and my clear glitter pen as a tail for the stars. I used some Michael's ribbon and a grommet from the stash I got with my Crop-a-dile II and put that on the corner, but first I used PTI lemon tart ink around the edges. Underneath that is some more yellow cardstock with SU! Brilliant blue ink with congrats (studio G) stamped above it. I used my clear glitter pen again to outline the Congrats. I used some more crystal stickles in the corners. That was it. Not what I had imagined it to be but this is what it is.


If anyone can give me info on how to make links instead of making you search for everything that would be great.


Have a great day!!!


2 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

How Cute Melissa, I thought the stars were embossed!!! I just love stickles...and I am seeing them on lots of blogs this morning!

Anonymous said...

I will call you tomorrow from work and walk you thru the link addition :) It is easier than it sounds, LOL!!!!

Tanya