Monday, July 21, 2008


I got some stamping in. It really isn't an easy task when I have 2 boys, 4 and 2 who want me to do this and do that and then hubby comes home for lunch and wants to talk about things that happened during the day (not that I am complaining about that part), next the boys want to go out and play in 100 degree weather to play on their slip-n-slide. I told them they were going to have to wait for the slip-n-slide until I got this done. Now, it is taking them longer because they refuse to pick up the toys I told them to pick to give me time.

Anyway, you didn't come here to hear about my parenting/spouse/stamping woes.

The creation. I soon realized it is smaller than I anticipated so I won't be able to use it for what I thought I might be able to.

To start off all the paper was scratch paper. Because of that the PP is a half inch shorter than the tutorial mentions. If you didn't get it in my last post the tutorial can be found here. I found out about this bag from Mary here.

I wanted to use scrap paper because I have so much of it. I found this lovely PP I bought at Joann's many moons ago. Of course the paper was screaming for some pink accents so I went with PTI sweet blush. Everything is in the tutorial but I do want to mention a few accents I decided to do instead of how both ladies embellished theirs.

On the bottom scallop, I don't have the SU! slit punch so I used scallop scissors, took a 1/16" hole punch and punched the wholes in each scallop and then put some crystal stickles in each hole. On the bottom of the scallop section I paper pierced it and used my white gel pen to do some faux stitching. The top, I don't have the SU! tab punch either so I made up my own little thing, cut to pieces of, I believe, SU! chocolate chip cardstock (I wanted it to be sturdy). On the part that was going to show I used the ticket punch on the bottom and then rounded the top two corners. I took my crop-a-dile II and punched the biggest whole in the center of each tag. Oh, I also used some faux stitching rub-ons for the top part of the tags and then paper pierced between each line. I believe the ribbon is May Arts. It was bought at ATS (all that scraps).

Instead of the flowers in a row I wanted to do something different. I took my bridal flowers from Michael's and colored one with light grape copic marker and a brown copic marker, I also took my buttercup yellow copic marker and gave the flowers a yellow center. The purple flower was outlined with my atyou spica pen in purple. There still wasn't enough glitter so I took my clear glitter pen and outlined both flowers.

From there I stamped my Verve butterfly from Petals and bloom set in SU! blue bliss and then embossed it with stardust embossing powder. After that I took my clear glitter pen and colored in the white part. I also took my green atyou spica pen and gave the butterfly a flying pattern. I tried to make it look like it just flew off the brown flower.

I hope you are having a great Monday. Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is so cute Melissa! Thanks for stopping by my blog and always leaving me such lovely comments!!! You make my day!