Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Semper Fi CD holder


My father-in-law is a former Marine who served during WWII. His unit has a website that keeps members of the unit and family up-to-date with everyone else and also likes to reminisce about their time served. They have found a way to add pictures to the website of everyone who has pictures.

My husband and I have finally collected a bunch of pictures of my father-in-law when he was serving in the war and his buddies. We were asked to put them all on a CD and send it to one of the people who works on keeping up the website. Being the person I am I couldn't just send it as is I had to do something. So, I threw together a quick CD holder to send it in.

I wanted to make it with a Marine style since he was a Marine. I took some blue paper I had in my stash and some red (the blue wasn't big enough to make it alone). I just glued them together and used some Michael's yellow ribbon to hide the seem. I couldn't just leave it at that so I searched the web for a Marine seal and finally found one the right size, printed it, cut it out and then used my nestabilities to cut a white circle out to use as a background for the seal then just glued it on with 3-D dots. That is it easy and simple.

1 comment:

Elizabeth S. said...

Looks like I am the first one to make a comment on your new blog.
Good Luck in this new adventure.

What site did you find the EGA on? I have been looking for a stamp but this would do since you could make it different sizes, right?