Saturday, July 19, 2008

Late Birthday


My SIL turned 19 last month. I am JUST now getting to making her a card. Like I mentioned in this post. We had hoped she would have been in Las Vegas and we could have seen her on the 4th of July. That is when we were planning on giving her her graduation and birthday presents. Since we didn't get to see her then I was slacking in getting things done. Now I finally have the cards done. Here is her birthday card.

I had something similar to this in my head for notecards to make for her to write notes to friends and family that are still in Connecticut. Instead I decided to make a birthday card with it.

I started with PTI white cardstock, cut it to 8X4 so the finished card is 4X4. I noticed a piece of cardstock (the Kraft strip) leftover from the last card I made so I cut it down to 4 inches. I wasn't sure how I was going to put it, horizontal or vertical, so I set it aside until I figured out for sure what I was going to do with the rest of the card. My SIL loves pink so I knew I was going to use PTI sweet blush. I used that to stamp the corner filigree on the bottom. I had to pull out my new verve stamp again (fluttering by) and stamped a butterfly on the corner with cat's eye dark brown. Next I took some sweet blush cardstock and stamped the butterfly again in cat's eye dark brown ink, cut it out and then adhered it on top of the other butterfly. I folded the wings up to make it 3D. Since I did that I put the Kraft cardstock vetical on the card. Took some Michael's ribbon and tied it around the kraft cardstock. In the small open spot I took the sentiment from PTI's anniversary set and stamped it on the cardstock. You many have noticed but I made a boo-boo so I took a Joann's sentiment frame and used some Queen & Co. brads to secure it to the card.

Lastly I had to add some bling so I took my clear glitter pen and traced the filigree corner, the sentiment and added some glitter to the wings and antennae.

I still wanted something else. The pearls from the last card are still on my desk so I took some and put it on the filigree corner stamp and the ends of the butterfly antennae.

I think that is it.

Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. if you check out the Pink Cat Studio blog my entry to the guest designer is on there. The winner is also on there. What great entries. I didn't think I was going to get it. But like I have heard many times before, you never know until you try. I had fun so I plan to enter these contests again.

No comments: