Friday, July 18, 2008

Here comes the bride...

Sorry this is a fairly crummy picture but I was losing daylight fast.
No, not me. I am already married. We are like an old married couple now. My brother-in-law is getting married August 3rd. When I heard when they were getting married I was a little excited and a little upset at the same time. It just so happens that August 3rd is my anniversary. My husband and I will be celebrating 6 glorious years together hehehe. I think I love him more than the day I married him.
Anyway, I digress. We are unable to make it to the wedding as it is in Connecticut and we just can't make another trip. This is why, we had already made an unexpected trip to Connecticut, we had to make an unexpected trip to Oklahoma and we already told my brother (who is getting married at the end of August) that we would be at his wedding in Kansas. With all of that and my husband being military and having to work with everyone else about getting days off it just wasn't going to work.
Again, off the topic. The card, turned out beautifully if you ask me. I am really loving how it turned out. I wanted to get a card made so I had time to get it in the mail and on it's way to my BIL and soon-to-be SIL.
I knew I wanted to stay simple in color and design because my BIL is not the type to like frilly things (but what guy does, right?)
I decided to go with PTI Aqua Mist and SU! Kraft. After putting things together I also wanted to break things up with some PTI white.
I started by stamping a couple studio G stamps. I randomly stamped both on a piece of Aqua Mist cardstock, the filigree in versamark and the flower (which you probably can't see) in palette white. Then I took some Kraft paper and stamped that with another filigree studio g stamp, decided it needed more so I took some Kaleidoscope embossing powder and embossed the filigree.
From there I decided the white needed to go under the aqua mist. I mounted the aqua mist on the white and then took my scallop scissors and cut the white cardstock. I took that idea from someone else's blog, sorry I can't remember who. If you do email please so I can give credit where credit is due. I took my paper piercer and faux stitched the top and bottom of the white and aqua mist cardstock.
I then decided that it just needed a simple sentiment on it. I remembered my Favor It Wedding set that I got from PTI and used the Happily Ever after stamp and then remembered my boxes, bags, and tags set. I found this lovely circle outline and had to use it. It turned out beautifully. From there I mounted the cardstock, mounted the sentiment on some kraft paper (both of which were cut with petite scalloped nestabilities) sponged with aqua mist. The Kraft cardstock was faux stitched with my paper piercer and clear glitter pen.
Lastly I saw on this article on Mary's blog about a site she found explaining the best way to tie bows. I had to try it. I was going to use some aqua mist ribbon but only had some topnotch twill and wanted to use something else. That is when I saw some ribbon I found at target in the dollar spot. It matched the aqua mist pretty well and was polka dot and so cute so I tied the ribbon down the rib of the card. Lastly, I saw some pearls I had on my desk and this card seemed to be screaming a need for pearls to me. So, I took 3 and put it on the bottom of the aqua mist part. That was it. I nice lovely card I am proud to send to my BIL and SIL for their wedding.
Thanks for stopping by.
Melissa

No comments: